June 27-29, 2018 – University of Salzburg
University Library (Hauptbibliothek, Hofstallgasse 2-4, 5020 Salzburg)
- Andrew Bacon (University of Southern California)
- Jc Beall (University of Connecticut)
- Andrea Cantini (Università di Firenze)
- Roy Cook (University of Minnesota)
- Hartry Field (New York University)
- Hannes Leitgeb (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München)
- Lavinia Picollo (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München)
- Dave Ripley (Monash University)
- Lorenzo Rossi (University of Salzburg)
- Kevin Scharp (University of St. Andrews)
- Gila Sher (University of California, San Diego)
- Neil Tennant (Ohio State University)
- Nicholas Tourville (Rutgers University)
- Elia Zardini (Universidade de Lisboa)
The topic of the workshop is semantic paradox and revenge: the thought that any purported treatment of the semantic paradoxes breeds new paradoxes to which the treatment itself does not apply. We are interested in questions such as: Can there be a revenge-immune solution to the semantic paradoxes? Are inconsistent approaches to semantic paradox better equipped to deal with revenge paradoxes? Is there a general revenge problem for classical approaches to semantic paradox?
Call for papers!
We invite submissions for 35-40-minute presentations (with 25-20 additional minutes for discussion). Submissions should take the form of either a 1000 word abstract or a full paper of no more than 4000 words, with a 150-200 word abstract. Contact details – authors’ names, postal address, affiliation, phone number and e-mail address – should be given separately. Submissions should be sent by e-mail in an attached file in .pdf, .ps or .rtf format to lorenzoDOTrossiATsbgDOTacDOTat. Submitted abstracts and papers will be blind refereed.
We will be able to cover the accommodation expenses of authors of accepted papers, and we may be able to cover some of the travel costs, depending on the success of our funding applications.
- Deadline for submissions: April 1, 2018.
- Communication of acceptance: April 15, 2018.
- Deadline for registration: June 15, 2018.
- Conference: June 27-29. 2018.
- Julien Murzi (Salzburg)
- Lorenzo Rossi (Salzburg)
For questions or any other queries, please contact Julien Murzi (julienDOTmurziATsbgDOTacDOTat) or Lorenzo Rossi (lorenzoDOTrossiATsbgDOTacDOTat).